FYI - Sorry to all the people who made comments in the last month! I just now figured out that they were not coming to my new email address to be moderated and were sitting in my "to be moderated" file here on eblogger. I have approved them. Thanks to everyone who comments here so much!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Sunday, March 08, 2009
My husband has become addicted to Facebook of late and has been chatting with some of his high school classmates. Somehow they found out about my books and Dwayne Cooper made a Top Ten List - Reasons why guys should not read my books - ha! I laughed so hard I cried!! Thanks Dwayne!
And here it is:
Top 10 reasons why Dwayne should think twice before reading a Christian romance novel:
1. Goodbye SUV + bass boat. Hello horse carriage + gondola!
2. Hank Williams Jr. + bluegrass gospel will lose playtime to Celine Dion + Yanni.
3. Instead of vacations w/buddies to Tennessee River, how about romantic bed n' breakfast on the Cape w/wife?
4. Eating out at Cracker Barrel loses favor to fancy schmancy French restaurants.
5. I'll finally give in and allow the family to buy a cat and we'll probably call it "Fabio".
6. Goodbye Indiana house overlooking fishing pond. Hello highrise overlooking downtown Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
7. My "Bass Pro Shop" catalog will be replaced with a Bloomingdales catalog.
8. Instead of my mug landing on the cover of Bassmaster magazine, I'lll end up on the cover of GQ.
9. Can you say no more Friday night dates with the wife to Lowes or WalMart?
10. Bc I'll likely give up the practice of law and start writing romance novels of my own!!!
Dwayne - bass fisherman meets tackle store owner. She's wearing a camo t-shirt and kacki shorts and handles worms without a blink. He's looking for a parts store for his broken down Mercury 300. She shurgs, pulls out a wrench from her back pocket and suggests that she can fix it. Huh? huh? You could be a romance author yet!!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Quick News Update
I have been in writer's cave mode preparing book five for my April 1st deadline but I wanted to share some quick news.
- Wind Dancer will be in 2500 WalMart stores across the nation!! The test marketing went well, so they have decided to carry it (this is huge!). Please check your local WalMart store in the coming weeks! I'm so excited about this!! You can also buy it online at CBD or Amazon. I would love more reviews on these two sites! If you have read Wind Dancer (or any of my books) and have the time/inclination to post a review, please do!
- Cara Putman (a wonderful writer friend) reviewed Wind Dancer and her review brought tears to my eyes. You can read it here.
- Another great review at TitleTrakk.
- The docs took my sling off and I am going to last hand therapy appointment today - yippee!!
- Visited my son, Jordan, at IU last Saturday. Fun Photos below.