Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 2008 - NEWSLETTER

SNOW ANGEL WINS FORWARD MAGAZINE AWARD FOR BEST ROMANCE
Wow! Snow Angel wins another award! I'm so blown away at how well this Alaskan love story is doing. The press release reads: ForeWord magazine has announced the winners of its tenth annual Book of the Year Awards. At a ceremony at BookExpo America in Los Angeles, 212 winners in 60 categories were honored. These books, representing the best work from independent publishers in 2007, were selected by a panel of librarian and bookseller judges. Snow Angel by Jamie Carie, released by B&H Publishing Group, August 2007, was named ForeWord Book of the Year in the Romance Category. The other 210 winners were selected by dozens of ForeWord readers from across the country, who are experts in the subject matter of the books they judged, and who make purchasing decisions daily for their collections or bookstores. The complete list of ForeWord's Book of the Year Award winners, searchable by title, author, publisher, and category, is available at ForeWord's Web site (www.forewordmagazine.com/botya).


CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Congratulations to our April, May, and June winners for a copy of The Duchess and the Dragon. And the winners are:
Chris Swanson
Anna Campbell
Pam Dudley
(Remember, all you have to do to be automatically entered in each month's drawing is subscribe to this newsletter! So please pass along the word!)



NEWS FROM THE HOMEFRONT
With my son's high school graduation behind me, I have been busy working on the final edits for my fourth book, as yet untitled, but I'm calling it Red Like Scarlett (isn't that a cool title?). I have learned so much about the differences between the American Revolution vs. the French Revolution. We are a blessed people to have had men like George Washington and others lead America into what truly is a promise land. This Fourth of July is going to be particularly special to me because of my research this past year.




I am also really excited about the RWA Conference and the RITA Award Ceremony in San Francisco - August 2nd!! If you haven't heard, (I posted it everywhere - LOL) Snow Angel has been nominated for a RITA Award (this is BIG, like the Oscars of the romance biz!!) in the First Books category. I about dropped to the floor in a dead faint when I received the call. PTL!!! God's plans for this book keep blowing my mind! I'm going dress shopping (yes, I get to wear a full-length gown!!) next week. It is such an honor to be nominated!


Duchess reaches number 4 in Amazon's Books>Romance>Religious category.You can also purchase it at CBD, LifeWay and your local bookstores!


















Winner of USA Book News Best Books of 2007 in the Religious: Fiction and Literary Category!

Snow Angel wins Gold for Best Romance of 2007!












NEWS:

RITA Nominees Band Together: I am proud to introduce my fellow authors in the First Book Category for the RITA! There is some amazing talent here and such lovely women. In the time leading up to the awards ceremony, I will be interviewing each author on my blog to find out all about them. We will be having drawings for free books and other goodies. Just drop by and comment on the interview with your name and email address and you will be added to the drawing! Here is a sneak peak of the authors and their nominated books:


Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri GareyHarperCollins Publishers, Avon Books(978-0-06-113615-3)Erika Tsang, editor





Graffiti Girl by Kelly ParraSimon & Schuster, MTV Books/Pocket(141653461X)Jennifer Heddle, editor






Prime Time by Hank Phillippi RyanHarlequin Enterprises, Harlequin NEXT(9780373881352)Ann Leslie Tuttle, editor







Prom Dates From Hell by Rosemary Clement-MooreRandom House Publishing, Delacorte Press(978-0-385-73412-7)Krista Marino, editor







Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn Harlequin Enterprises, MIRA(978-0-7783-2410-2)Valerie Gray, editor








Thief With No Shadow by Emily Gee BL Publishing, Solaris(978 1 84416 469 1)Mark Newton, editor






Treasure by Helen BrennaHarlequin Enterprises, Harlequin Superromance(0373714033)Johanna Raisanen, editor









Favorite Fan Email for this month is . . . "Jamie, I just finished Snow Angel and it was one of the best books I have read in all my 63 years. I laughed and cried with and at the characters through out the book. From the minute I picked it up I couldn't lay it down until I finished it. I am anxiously awaiting your next one. Sincerely, Barbara Smotherman from Tennessee" Thank you so much Barbara!

New and improved website! Visit www.jamiecarie.com/ and let me know what you think!

Wind Dancer - I just heard that my publisher, B&H, is working on an awesome book trailer for my third book, Wind Dancer (January 2009). Check back on my website in a few weeks where I should have the final cover and new book trailer. I'm so excited about this third book!!

Sign up for this newsletter! Just go to http://www.jamiecarie.com/ and click on the "Newsletter" button to sign up! If you enjoy my books, please tell your family and friends! Thanks so much!!!

No comments: