Thursday, June 14, 2007

A New Friend

Have you ever met someone truly brilliant?
You know it in their phrases and thought processes.
It’s visible in the way that they view the world and then articulate that view.
They put into words what you feel.
And you nod and laugh and agree
a connection on a level you’ve craved.

They are usually highly educated, though not necessarily so.
But it helps.
I envy them that.
Some of them get a little too lost in their bookish thoughts.
But the good ones don’t.
They know when to turn it off and turn it on.
When to switch from head to heart.
Those are the jewels.

I met such a jewel recently.
Her pale blue eyes lock onto mine
intense, sincere, just plain smart
I feel like a yappy puppy
but she likes puppies
and so do I
so it all works out
me with my intuition
and her with her revelation
I think we make a great team.

What of you? Do you have friends like this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of Fly Catchers and hidden lakes.


Of sleeping lizards and morning dew.

It is of birdsong and misty dawns

and fleeced clouds floating in a still pool.


The waters ripple awake in the gathering morn.





The first water birds head out for the far shore.

Rogers Place said...

Just beautiful words.